Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Class - Pencil Still Life

So, I've started taking some local art classes here in Catonsville at a place called Staub Art Studio. I go every Wednesday from 6:30 to 8:30. I'm really using it for two reasons. One, it forces me to do some artwork once a week. Not only that, it forces me to work on something for the sake of doing it, not for some big goal or project. It's no pressure work. Second, it's time I get back into art at a level I haven't for a while. Techniques on shading, blending colors, representing light, etc. would be really helpful in helping me reach another level in the digital stuff I do.

So, here was my intro piece, pieced together from four scanned sections. I wasn't thrilled with the goblet or the sheet shadows, but, eh, first time doing something like this in years and years.

1 comment:

Suzanne M. said...

I actually like the way the sheet is rendered. It creates a distinct line between the sharp foreground and the softer background. Nice job!